Wednesday 20 February 2013

Running Late

 So this morning we were running really late, this always happens a couple of times when the kids have no school. Put baguette in oven, race round the block with the dogs while hubby gets his bike out,retrieve baguette, make hubby egg and bacon sandwich, fill baguette with yummy stuff ,wrap and write soppy note on it, all the time dodging the audience of canines that have appeared at the smell of bacon.See hubby off and breathe. Then just as I fill the kettle youngest son appears to join the canine party that is still taking up a large part of the kitchen floor. "Bacon?" Two slices of bacon and half a baguette later he shuffles off back to his cave, just as MIL comes in greeted by the dogs who realize there is no more bacon to be had, so go and enthusiastically greet her at the door(there will be treats in her pocket). I finally get my cup of coffee and sit down with MIL for a chat about funeral arrangements for FIL who passed away 3 weeks ago.
  Later when out on my main morning dog walk I finally thought about my blog in between trying to stop my little yorkie cross, Susie,from barking at every bird, human and vehicle she saw and picking up poop. Not coming up with anything profound I wished to talk about just yet in my novice status I decided to apply a dear diary approach and just blog the morning as it unfolded. Washing hung, housework done I am waiting for my daughter to appear who assured me last night that she wanted to help with shopping and walking MIL's dog Spot. Having no car, we will have to take the bus to MIL's and then give Spot a good walk, then walk to the supermarket to get the shopping. This means rushing back to do the main afternoon dog walk for our own dogs before even starting the tea. If he's really lucky tea will be ready for hubby when he gets in the door and if I'm really lucky I will be siting down with a cup of coffee asking, "What sort of day did you have?", "Mine?Nothing much, quiet, you know."

7 comments:

  1. Ah the quiet life of the stay at home mum :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's just one long holiday of day time tv and coffee with friends.

      Delete
  2. Sounds eerily similar to my days of being a stay-at-home mom. The "stay-at-home" part never really existed. :)
    As my kids have become teens, I'm finding it may have been better to not work now, instead of when they were younger. There's so much running to do! Luckily my hubby works from home, so he does quite a bit of it.
    So glad you shared your day with us. Fun post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We share a lot of the running too now they are older. We divide up who does which school or college meetings as these sometimes clash with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it definitely sounds chaotic! Managing the household is definitely one of the most trying jobs out there!

    I've read much about the canine audience at your house, but I'm wondering about Susie! Who is Susie? Is she Frou Frou? Or is there yet another dog in the mix?

    Your posts don't have to be profound. I think we all have that expectation of ourselves, but I find I enjoy the ones that are simply honest and real. Everyone's lives are so different. It's just fun to read how others spend their days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie is Frou Frou. Our dogs all get nicknames and some times their own songs. Susie became Frou Frou as her fur grew and her character developed.
      Managing this family is always chaotic but I love it!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a hectic day. I think the dogs have a really sweet life. Especially if there is bacon or treats to be had.

    I agree with Terri - the posts don't have to be profound or spiritually enlightening. Many of my favorite blogs are about normal day-to-day challenges.

    ReplyDelete